Jack Trimarco is an internationally known, highly experienced and respected expert polygraph examiner, also known as a forensic psycho-physiologist. For almost 21 years Mr. Trimarco served as a Special Agent for the F.B.I. inlcuding program manager for the F.B.I. Polygraph (lie detection) Unit at the Los Angeles Field Office from 1990 until his retirement in 1998. He also served as Inspector General for the United States Department of Energy Polygraph Program between 2000 and 2002. Following his training with the Department of Defense and the F.B.I. as a polygraph / lie detection expert he has conducted more than 3,500 polygraph tests throughout the world and is a California State Private Investigator (#20970).
HIGH PROFILE CASES:
• Oklahoma City Bombing
• “Unabomber” investigation
• Doger Stadium, opening day parking lot assault
• Pro tennis referee murder case
• Campaign contributions to the Democratic National Committee investigation
• Dr. Peter Lee espionage case
• Marquisha Candler kidnap/murder case
• Assassination of DEA Agent Enrique Camarena in Mexico
• Dr. Wen Ho Lee espionage case
• Jewish Defense League ODEH bombing death
• 1993 World Trade Center Bombing
• Whitewater Investigation
• Cordoba vs. the United States
• Jose Canseco steroid allegations
STATE / FEDERAL PROSECUTORS:
Jack Trimarco enjoys a very high degree of credibility with state and federal prosecutors and defense attorneys in criminal and civil cases. His unique background and reputation allow him to bring the highest levels of honesty, service and expertise to any polygraph situation including expert witness. Mr. Trimarco’s national practice and outstanding professional credentials make him the best choice for a client seeking a private lie detector examination.
• The American Polygraph Association (APA)
• The California Polygraph Examiners (CAPE)
• The American Association of Police Polygraphists (AAPP)
• California Association of Legal Investigation (CALI)
• National Association of Legal Investigation (NALI)
Jack Trimarco entered the Federal Bureau of Investigation as a Special Agent after having served four years in the U.S. Air Force and seven years as a Yellowstone County Deputy Sheriff detective (Billings, Montana). Specialized F.B.I. responsibilities have included Psychological Profiling where Jack worked with noted author John Douglas on numerous high profile cases which called for: unknown offender profiles, investigative recommendations, personality assessments, interview strategies, threat assessments, overall crime analysis, prosecutive and trial strategies, and expert testimony.
MAJOR CASE INVOLVEMENT:
Dr. Wen Ho Lee Espionage Case; The “Unabomber”; “Whitewater”; Oklahoma City Bombing; World Trade Center Bombing (1993); numerous cases involving classified foreign terrorists, espionage, proliferation, economic espionage, “Fed buster”; Princess Cruises Extortion; Gerald Gallego Serial Killer; Bank of America, Davis, CA hostage standoff; V.A. Hospital, Brentwood, CA hostage standoff; Enrique Camarena assassination; Top 10 fugitive, Claude Dallas; Top 10 Fugitive, Daniel Barney; Charles Keating Fraud Investigation; Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103; Dr. Peter Lee Espionage Case; L.A.P.D. Rampart Scandal.
• Former Inspector General, U.S. Department of Energy Polygraph Program, Polygraph Unit Chief, F.B.I. Los Angeles Field Office 1991-1998.
• Conducted more than 1,100 polygraph examinations in connection with F.B.I. investigations.
• Selected by the U.S. Department of Justice and the F.B.I. to conduct polygraph examinations in sensitive intelligence matters and criminal investigations throughout the U.S. and abroad.
• Formerly held top-secret security clearance.
• Established private practice in 1998.
• Conducted more than 65 seminars/presentations on interviewing and interrogation and polygraph related matters throughout the United States.
• Conducted training at the F.B.I. Academy, C.I.A., and U.S. Justice Department.
• Serves as polygraph examiner for the Dr. Phil Show.
TESTIMONY AS EXPERT WITNESS INVOLVING POLYGRAPH:
• California vs. Renee Lloyd (1993) State of California Superior Court;
• U.S. vs. Noe Orozo Viveros (1994) U.S. District Court, Central District of California;
• U.S. vs. Samson Gillette (1999), U.S. District Court, Central District of California;
• California vs. Catarino Gonzales (2001) State of California, Superior Court, Los Angeles;
• State of California vs. Gary Bearman (2003) Superior Court Orange County;
American Board of Forensic Examiners, American Polygraph Association (APA), Advanced and Specialized Polygraph Examiner, California Association of Polygraph Examiners (CAPE), American Association of Police Polygraphists, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, Diplomat, American College of Forensic Examiners- Lifetime Member, National Association of Legal Investigators (NALI), Society of Former Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI), Beverly Hills Bar Association, Ventura County Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
• Montana State University at Billings, B.S., Psychology, 1976, High Honors;
• Montana State University at Billings Graduate School, Psychology, 1976-77;
• Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Alabama, attended Graduate School, Psychophysiology, 1990 (no graduate degrees).
• United States Air Force (USAF), 1967-71, USAF “Airman of the Year” – Italy, 1968
• Yellowstone County Deputy Sheriff, Billings, Montana
Patrolman 1971-73; Detective 1973-78
• Federal Bureau of Investigation, Special Agent, 1978-1998
F.B.I. Polygraph Unit Chief (Los Angeles) 1990-1998
Received numerous commendations for exceptional performance.
Nominated twice for F.B.I. Medal of Valor.
• U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Counterintelligence
Inspector General, Polygraph Program 1999-2002
• Ventura County District Attorney’s Office, Forensic Polygraph Examiner 1999-2010
OTHER POLYGRAPH EXPERIENCE:
• Has conducted polygraph examinations for Ventura County Public Defenders Office;
• Ventura County Sheriffs Department, Orange County Public Defenders Office;
• U.S. Attorneys Office, (Central District of California);
• Federal Public Defenders Office (Central District of California);
F.B.I. Polygraph Examiner, F.B.I. Hostage Negotiator, F.B.I. Psychological Profiler, F.B.I. Defensive Tactics/Firearms Instructor, F.B.I. S.W.A.T. Team Member, F.B.I. Interrogation Instructor and Homicide Investigation Instructor.
• Department of Defense Polygraph Institute, 14-week polygraph course.
• Attended over 50 polygraph training seminars conducted by the F.B.I. or professional polygraph organizations within the U.S. (1990-2012).
• Instructed at numerous Federal, State and Local Agencies, National and State Polygraph Associations, private and professional groups.
FORMER TV HOST AT COURT TV’s “FAKE OUT”:
“Fake Out”, contestants use wit and skill to trick their opponents about who they are and what they know, while their competitors use a combination of lie detection techniques and instincts to determine if their opponents are lying or telling the truth. During the competition contestants are interrogated, evaluated and ultimately dismissed by Jack Trimarco. In the “Final Fake Out,” the winner of the three preliminary rounds faced off with Mr. Trimarco for a chance to win $20,000.
NOTE: Profile last reviewed for Update Review February 5, 2010.
Hide Full Bio »