JEFFREY L. BAUER MA; BSc; CISSP; CTPM; PMI; CSyP; MSyl
Midlands, England, United Kingdom
MOB: +44 (0)7775 764 492
Linked-In Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-l-bauer-0802404/
FBI Retired Signature web page: https://fbiretired.com
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Supervisory, managerial, operational and project management experience blending 30 years of governmental with 10+ years of commercial contracting experience in national security, intelligence and telecommunications domains reinforced with a network of contacts spanning the governmental-military-commercial continuum.
EPS Corporation & Decypher Technologies, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom Oct 2017 – present
Telecommunications Project Manager supporting the United States Air Force-Europe’s (USAFE) European Deterrence Initiative by initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, telecommunications projects which support the emerging missions at RAF Fairford. Prepares and consults on solicitation packages to include performance work statements, evaluation criteria, scheduling, posting and awarding of contracts. Participates in briefings, mobilization meetings, site activation task forces and planning charrettes ensuring organizational interests are appropriately considered and safeguarded. Coordinates surveys, interprets and presents results, and then, proposes and prioritizes recommended courses of action harmonizing resource constraints and stakeholder concerns cost-effectively grafting emerging technological improvements onto legacy infrastructure. Reviews, anticipates and analyzes risk factors and quality assurance dynamics ensuring supportable outcomes which efficiently maximize USAFE mission objectives.
SOS International, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom Feb 2017 – Sep 2017
Site Security Manager supported the Air Force Civil Engineering Center in the management of the JIAC military construction project at RAF Croughton by initiating and planning the construction security program to include drafting the construction security plan. Participated in briefings, meetings, task forces and planning charrettes ensuring organizational interests were appropriately addressed. Compiled and interpreted requirements, and then, wrote plans, policies, and standard operating procedures, as well as created the necessary forms and memorandums to manage and financially implement a comprehensive construction security program in compliance with Intelligence Community Directive 705.
Vykin Corporation, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom Jul 2016 – Oct 2016
Highpoint System Administrator edited intelligence products and responded to exigent requests for support; developed lesson plans and briefings to train and educate government and contractor staff on security requirements, data protection and the incorporation of locally produced intelligence product into Highpoint compatible documents.
Booz Allen Hamilton, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom Feb 2014 – Jul 2016
Associate Director/Faculty: executed, monitored and controlled a project establishing the National Intelligence University’s European Academic Center at RAF Molesworth; interpreted requirements, drafted and implemented modified policies and procedures adapted to the OCONUS environment; taught graduate level courses in counterintelligence, homeland security, national security, international relations theory, strategy and Russia geostrategic issues; researched and personally published academic paper, as well as guided graduate student research projects; addressed the center’s daily administrative and logistical challenges within program financial constraints, as well as trained and mentored adjunct faculty. Booz Allen Hamilton Performance Award (Feb 2016).
R4-inc, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom Feb 2011 – Feb 2014
Analytic Outreach Program Manager at U.S. European Command’s Joint Analytic Center, RAF Molesworth: initiated, planned, developed, and executed a ground-breaking intelligence engagement program within tight fiscal limitations hosting 60+ events and 160+ distinguished American-British-European experts from academia, allied foreign governments and private sector, as well as with agenda-setting think-tanks such as RUSI and Chatham House; interpreted Middle States Commission on Higher Education university accreditation criteria and standards, researched specifications, collected documentation, drafted responses and steered the National Intelligence University’s European Academic Center through the formal accreditation process [“fully accredited” in February 2013].
Computer Science Corporation, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom Jul 2008 – Feb 2011
National Security Consultant: Senior member of a 5-man team of consultants which provided staff officer support to the Commander, Joint Analytic Center (JAC), RAF Molesworth; coordinated and monitored performance of a team of varied experts balancing initiatives with organizational priorities and resources to provide cost-effective solutions which addressed organizational challenges, as well as promoted JAC’s goals and objectives. Also, a member of the initial project team which planned, costed and proposed the construction of a new EUCOM joint intelligence analysis center.
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, DC, USA Apr 1988 – Jun 2008
Senior Executive Service/Supervisory Special Agent:
Section Chief: As a breveted Senior Executive, managed a team of 40 which planned and implemented the transformation of the FBI’s Information Resources Division into the newly created Office of the Chief Information Officer. [FBI Director’s Performance Cash Award].
- Re-programmed and managed a $300+ million information technology budget.
- Researched, drafted and established operational, training and administrative/personnel policies/processes patterned after successful commercial enterprises designed to establish an organization which could marshal enterprise-wide information technology systems through their entire lifecycle.
Unit Chief: Supervised the FBI’s 24X7 operations center (SIOC: Strategic Information and Operations Center).
- 09/11/ 2001 was my second day in this position when the staff surged from 38 to over 400 personnel from 37 Federal agencies in response to the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center Towers, New York City, and the Pentagon in Washington, DC.
- Doubled the size of the Watch Center and expanded sensitive operations into the floor below the Center. [Earned accelerated promotion].
- Researched, planned, executed and managed the expansion of the FBI’s secure telecommunication bridge from 48 to 168 parties facilitating Director’s simultaneous communication with all Field Divisions and Legal Attaches worldwide.
- Initiated, oversaw development and implemented an FBI-wide web-based crisis response information management system, as well as drafted the crisis management operational plans, policies and procedures to implement an enterprise-wide crisis response.
- Drafted personal security plan for the Deputy Attorney General and provided to U.S. Marshall Service for implementation.
- Proposed and managed the establishment of a web-based paperless Internet tip line creating seamless distribution of investigative leads across the entire FBI.
- Participated in multi-agency working groups to streamline intelligence sharing within the prevailing legal framework, polices, and regulations.
Chief Security Officer: Counterterrorism Division/Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate:
- Managed 12 security professionals who monitored and implemented a comprehensive program covering personnel, information, industrial, and operations security, as well as network incident response, risk analysis, and continuity of operations planning.
- Initiated, planned and executed robust internal investigation programs.
- During the rapid expansion of FBI’s sensitive off-site facilities in the wake of 9/11/2001 attacks, provided risk assessments, security plans, site surveys, construction monitoring, inspections and accreditations of newly constructed Secure Compartmented Information Facilities complying with Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/9 standards.
- Developed and implemented requirements for annual security training regime.
Special Agent: Investigated violations of the laws of the United States, collected evidence and performed other lawful duties in the areas of White Collar Crime, Cyber Crime, Counterterrorism and Counterintelligence, including bank fraud, investment fraud, threat financing, money-laundering, asset forfeiture, bribery, corruption and dual-use/sanction violations.
- Interim Supervisory Special Agent: managed 15 White Collar Crime investigators
- Member of the anti-bribery and corruption undercover team investigating purchase of special influence in the California State Assembly.
- Counterintelligence and counterterrorism investigations, including the first World Trade Center attack
- Investigated failure of Gold River Savings Bank, listed as one of the Attorney General’s Top 100 failed financial institutions.
- Cyber Crime investigator and the FBI’s representative to the Sacramento Valley High Tech Investigation team. Member of California’s HighTech Investigator’s Association.
- Three accelerated promotions, two FBI Director Awards; an Attorney General Award.
- Certified Police Instructor, Negotiator, Profiling Liaison and Crisis Incident Manager.
Central Intelligence Agency, Washington, DC, USA Jun 1986 – Apr 1988
SOVA (Soviet Analysis) Analyst and Counterintelligence Officer: analyst on the CIA’s Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces assessment team, as well as supported counterespionage operations in Scandinavia; Switzerland and NATO and coordinated CIA-FBI counterintelligence operational cooperation in the Washington DC Capital Region.
Vigilens International LLC, Manassas, Virginia, USA 2011 – ongoing
Media consultations: Published paper on Internet Governance in the Jun 2017 edition of Information Security Professional Insights e-periodical. Technical advisor on documentaries related to LIBERTY 7 investigation/trial [Miami, Florida] with Amos Productions; the mysterious death of Lennon Lacy [Bladenboro, North Carolina] with Zinc Productions; and the murder of Tara Baker [Athens, Georgia] with Classic Crime podcast.
Washington DC Air National Guard Officer: Weapons System Officer in the F-4C/D fighter aircraft.
U.S. Air Force Officer: Instructor Navigator-Bombardier in the B-52G/H heavy bomber aircraft.
US Army Platoon Leader: United Nations Command, Joint Security Area, Pamumjom, Korea.
Lancaster University, United Kingdom: Master of Arts in Politics (Strategic Studies).
Illinois State University, United States: Bachelor of Science (with hons) in Political Science.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP): International Information System Security Certification Consortium
- Certified Telecommunication Project Manager (CTPM): Electronic Industries Alliance/ Telecommunications Industry Association CNet Training
- Project Management Institute
- American Society of Industrial Security
- British Registry of Certified Security Professionals (CSyP)
- British Security Institute (MSyl)
- Society of Former Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- FBI Agent’s Association
NATO and American security clearances
Hide Full Bio »